Thursday, April 30, 2009

How to play "A Pirate Looks at 40" by Jimmy Buffett on acoustic guitar

Today's lesson will show you how to play Jimmy Buffett's classic tune A Pirate Looks at Forty.

This is one of my favorite Jimmy Buffett songs. This song is relatively easy to play. It is played in the key of G, using the G, C, and D chords - your classic "3 chord song." This is what the song sounds like when played by me on acoustic guitar:



As an added benefit, I added a harmonica track for the intro, solo, and finale. The harmonica track was recorded separately and overdubbed into the video. I think this song sounds great with a harmonica, so I couldn't resist. The guitar I used in the video is a Taylor 114ce, and the harmonica is a Hohner Blues Harp in the key of G. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete